This morning will be busy with us packing up, while some of us may take a quick trip to some of the convenience stores around the hotel.  One of the main reasons we would perhaps need to take a quick shopping trip, is startling realisation that we need more luggage.  I can, very much, see this happening what will all the shopping we will partake on this trip.  Another reason, is to gather as much candy and chocolate to take home to Canada.  I have a huge sweet tooth, and a sick obsession with chocolate, so it’s a must to try some of Japan’s sweets.  Surprisingly, Japan has some great chocolate, especially the Meiji Brand.  Japanese candy is also excellent and very unique (so I’ll need to buy one of everything....seriously...).  The adorable, kawaii packaging for the candies is another plus.  I’ll also take this time to pick up a couple of Japanese fashion and beauty magazines; since I’m sure after 15 days in the country, I’ll be influenced to wear the same kinds of trends as the girls in Tokyo (Shibuya especially)!  


Various candies, chocolates and teen magazines found in Japan

After the candy run, we’ll have to say sayonara to Japan!  We'll take the Narita Express (3000 yen/35 CAD) from Shibuya to get to Narita Airport.  At the end of this trip, obviously I’ll be sad to leave, but I hope I will feel fulfilled.  I don’t want to leave the country in regret, hoping I went to some places or went to see other attractions.  The country is very large so I’m not going to see all the attraction I would like to see, but I’m positive that this planed trip will allow us to see so many facets of the country.  I just want to go home feeling like I become a part of a country that has influenced and watched from a far, since I was 5 years old.  So after this trip, when I see a cherry blossom I won’t only remember my childhood anime/manga memories, but this trip that made my childhood dreams a reality. 

This trip will also be a great bonding experience, for me and my 3 other best friends.  After this trip, we all will go to different jobs, live in different cities/countries, get married and basically move on from our  memories of animes and mangas.  As we grow older, we’re bound to drift apart, but this trip will always link me to these girls.  Japan will be the connection I’ll have with them, and nothing will take that away from us.  So while we are going to Japan to fulfill our childhood fantasies, Japan will give us a stronger bond of friendship and another place to call home. 


Watashi wa Nihon, anata o aishite! (I love you, Japan!)


Images: Google Images

Comments (0)